Event Abstract

Role of P53 gene in oncogenenesis of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia

  • 1 Emergency County Hospital Targu Jiu, Clinical Laboratory, Romania

Objective of this study is to present the latest researches in the field of molecular medicine, in terms of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, emerged from the P53 gene mutations in human lymphoma genome. Previous results: In the literature it was registered, in previous years, on an international study, conducted on 109 cases of CLL, 79 cases (72.5%) who had more genetic abnormalities of p53 gene; the remaining 30 cases (27.5%) had normal results, using the technique Florescence in situ Hybridization, (FISH). The majority of patients, 67% (53.79) had a single anomaly and the remaining 33% had two or three genetic abnormalities. The chromosomes 14q32 17p translocations in LLC genome, which appeared similar to some common, had demonstrated abnormalities involving IGH gene, located on chromosome14q32. The abnormality, less common, was the chromosomal deletion 6q. Discussions In the normal cells, suppressor gene P53 gene, coding proteins that bind to DNA and regulate the expression of genes, prevents the genome mutations. A mutation of the gene P-53 will inevitably lead to a process of carcinogenesis in which the cell divides endlessly. In recent years proved that the best technique in the investigation of malignant lymphocytes is the FISH technique and this method is used as an alternative to chromosomal banding, a conventional application in molecular medicine. Identification of P53 gene mutations in regions of 17 chromozome of hematological neoplasm is important because these mutations have an impact on the clinical course of patients and requires an attitude adjustment therapeutic adequate. Restoring function to p53 can induce lymphoma, apoptosis. Recent, endogenous somatic gene therapy research is a basic of trial clinical and therapeutic tial. The DNA, (either integrated into the genome or episome external plasmid) is used to treat a disease arising as a result of mutations in chromosomal regions. In the past few years, this method has been included in the treatment of CLL, acute lymphocytic leukemia, [ALL], or multiple myeloma [MM]. Conclusion The frequencies of P53 gene mutations in CLL can be categorized as individual biomarkers in proteomic and genomic profile for this type of leukemia that can be implemented in targeted patient treatment, within personalized medicine. Keywords: Gene P53, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, apoptosis, fluorescence in situ hybridization.




1. [Teste de oncogenetica, Test FISH panel LLC . MedLife Genetica]. https:/ www.medlife.ro/genetics/teste-disponibile/teste-de-oncogeneticaa , accesat in/03/2016]..
2. Nelson BP, Gupta R, Dewald GW, Paternoster SF; Rosen ST, Peterson LC. Leucemie limfocitară cronică FISH panou: Impactul asupra diagnosticului. Am J Clin Pathol 2007; 128 (2): 323-332
3. .Jump up^ "Human Cloning and Genetic Modification". Association of Reproductive Health Officials. 2013. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013.
6. Jump up^ "Gene Therapy". ama-assn.org. 4 April 2014. Retrieved22 March 2015.
7. Ledford, H. (2011). "Cell therapy fights leukaemia". Nature. doi:10.1038/news.2011.472.
8. .Jump up^ "Gene Therapy". ama-assn.org. 4 April 2014. Retrieved22 March 2015.

Keywords: Gene P53, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Apoptosis, fluorescence in situ hybridization, Cancer

Conference: International Symposium on Clinical Neuroscience: Clinical Neuroscience for Optimization of Human Function, Orlando, United States, 7 Oct - 9 Oct, 2016.

Presentation Type: Poster Presentation

Topic: Abstracts ISCN 2016

Citation: UDRISTIOIU A (2016). Role of P53 gene in oncogenenesis of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Front. Neurol. Conference Abstract: International Symposium on Clinical Neuroscience: Clinical Neuroscience for Optimization of Human Function. doi: 10.3389/conf.fneur.2016.59.00101

Copyright: The abstracts in this collection have not been subject to any Frontiers peer review or checks, and are not endorsed by Frontiers. They are made available through the Frontiers publishing platform as a service to conference organizers and presenters.

The copyright in the individual abstracts is owned by the author of each abstract or his/her employer unless otherwise stated.

Each abstract, as well as the collection of abstracts, are published under a Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 (attribution) licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) and may thus be reproduced, translated, adapted and be the subject of derivative works provided the authors and Frontiers are attributed.

For Frontiers’ terms and conditions please see https://www.frontiersin.org/legal/terms-and-conditions.

Received: 01 May 2016; Published Online: 07 Sep 2016.

* Correspondence: Prof. AURELIAN UDRISTIOIU, Emergency County Hospital Targu Jiu, Clinical Laboratory, Targu Jiu, Romania, aurelianu2007@yahoo.com