Research Snapshot ARTICLE
The ZNF217 biomarker predicts low- and high-risk Oncotype DX® Recurrence Score in ER-positive invasive breast cancers
- 1Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- 2Albert Einstein College of Medicine, United States
- 3Hackensack University Medical Center, United States
- 4Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, United States
We assessed mRNA and protein expression levels of the ZN217 oncogene in 17 clinical FFPE ER-positive invasive breast cancer specimens with known (low or high) Oncotype DX® Recurrence Scores. This study shows that mRNA or nuclear protein levels of the ZNF217 significantly correlate with Oncotype DX® Recurrence Score.
Keywords: breast cancer, ZNF217, Oncotype DX ®, biomarker, relapse
Received: 19 Nov 2018;
Accepted: 25 Apr 2019.
Edited by:Luciano Saso, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Reviewed by:Massimiliano Berretta, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico di Aviano (IRCCS), Italy
Massimo Libra, Università degli Studi di Catania, Italy
Copyright: © 2019 Cohen, Loudig, Liu, Albanese and Fineberg. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The use, distribution or reproduction in other forums is permitted, provided the original author(s) and the copyright owner(s) are credited and that the original publication in this journal is cited, in accordance with accepted academic practice. No use, distribution or reproduction is permitted which does not comply with these terms.
* Correspondence: Prof. Pascale A. Cohen, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France, firstname.lastname@example.org