We are looking for a Junior UI Developer, who is passionate about giving life to user interfaces and experiences that are functional and engaging. The right candidate will be part of a collaborative design team, coding UI pages and new visual features for various existing digital projects. Working closely with our UX designers, the successful candidate will create clean, descriptive, responsive and scalable code by delivering HTML/CSS/JS files to software engineers.
- Implementing new front-end features in line with business requirements;
- Writing clean and well-structured and responsive code;
- Optimizing page load times;
- Ability to coordinate with teams and stakeholders locally and in remote locations;
- Willingness to travel occasionally between Frontiers' offices in Lausanne and Madrid.
Required Technical Skills
- Up-to-date and advanced knowledge of modern scalable HTML, CSS, SASS, and a basic knowledge of JS or JQuery, to develop new web applications, or to maintain existing site and the underlying generic front-end;
- Knowledge of QA in front-end code for natural SEO (cross browser/device compatibility and pass quality standards);
- Special design sensitivity with the ability to edit files on design software to get UI reference;
- Experience coding emails;
Required General Skills
- Minimum 2 years web development experience working in a fast-paced creative environment;
- Showcase online works as a reference.
- Creative developer with strong attention to visual details;
- Ability to implement design in accordance existing guidelines;
- Good time management skills;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Nice to haves
- Familiarized with modular CSS architectures methodologies (SMACSS and BEM);
- Knowledge of version control (Git);
- Up-to-date and advanced knowledge of the latest technologies and design trends (SVG, Animations, Filters, Canvas, etc.);
Please send your CV and cover letter in English