We are looking for an outgoing candidate with backgrounds related to Sustainability, to execute initiatives aimed at journal growth. The successful candidate for this position will communicate with high level researchers over both phone and email, engaging them with our editorial projects and supporting the development of their project proposals. The candidate will work across our journal portfolios.
This full-time, permanent position in our London office will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Research Topics are themed article collections encompassing recent advancements on a focused research area, organized by leading researchers (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
- Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journals.
- Master’s in a scientific domain with 2-3 years of professional experience after your degree in research, publishing, communication, customer service or a related field.
- A PhD may substitute for previous work experience.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- 25 days' vacation per year.
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all.
- Plenty of social & fun benefits!
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour.
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like.