We are looking for an enthusiastic and customer-oriented IT Helpdesk Analyst to provide user support and customer service on company computer applications, mainly our public web site (www.frontiersin.org).
The Helpdesk Analyst will be responsible for troubleshoot problems and advise users on the appropriate action including Level 1, 2 PC support. This full-time, permanent position in our London office will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
- Provide superior assistance and service to all internal and external customers;
- Respond promptly and courteously to support requests;
- Provide level 1 and level 2 web application support;
- Provide level 1 and level 2 support for all hardware, software, and other office equipment (including projectors, phone systems, printers, and multi-function devices);
- Provide system administration, system maintenance and operations support;
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades;
- Diagnose and correct computer, server, and network system issues;
- Ensure consistent IT processes, practices, and documentation across the system;
- Report system statuses to teams and program managers;
- Prioritize requests according to criticality;
- Identify timely and accurate solutions to technical issues;
- Develop expertise in the everyday use of internally developed systems;
- Document all support activities in ticket tracking database;
- Participate in maintaining Help Centre and team documentation;
- Assistance on other projects as needed.
- Higher Education background in IT or previous application and PC support experience;
- Technical proficiency, with hands-on skills using ticketing systems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft technologies;
- Proficiency in diagnosing and resolving complex technology issues in a timely manner;
- Familiar with Dell Laptops, Components, and Support Structure;
- Proficiency in Active Directory – Planning, Setup, Implementation;
- Good understanding of networking and network technologies;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be British or EU citizen, or have a valid British work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.