We are looking for a Public Relations Manager to help us raise awareness among researchers, opinion leaders and the public of the benefits of Open Science. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic team playerwho can work cross-functionally across PR, comms, marketing and product to strategically lead our brand and crisis management program. Under the guidance of Head of Communications, the Public Relations Manager will work closely with the senior management team in developing and sustaining an annual strategy and training plan for multiple internal teams.
- Composing and editing PR materials including fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&A's, FAQ's and social media messages.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations and speech points.
- Preparing and training various spokespeople.
- Supporting proactive and reactive communications across the corporate news site and social media channels.
- Developing and facilitating a comprehensive Crisis Management strategy.
- Enabling internal brand ambassadors with documentation, training plans and awareness initiatives related to brand and crisis management.
- Building relationships with media outlets and reporters.
- Building and maintaining press lists.
- Coordinating media kits for ongoing media outreach.
- Managing incoming media inquiries.
- Monitoring and reporting on all PR activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, project management and strategic planning.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to quickly identify trending topics.
- Ability to work under time constraints and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate both cross-functionally and externally and foster relationships with media.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Native-level English speaker or business level proficiency.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.