We are looking for outgoing candidates with a variety of scientific backgrounds to execute editorial initiatives aimed at journal growth. These full-time positions in our new city of London WeWork office, will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Reporting to the Team Lead and working closely with other editorial teams, the successful candidate will regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world, as well as high level editors on our editorial board. The role will involve building close relationships and supporting the development of proposals for special issues within our journals. The successful candidate will be in charge of commissioning content for one, or a few, journals, depending on the size of the journal.
Assistants are entry level positions direct from MSc and are part of our internship programme for a 6 month contract. Specialists are permanent positions, bringing either PhD, Post-Doc, or publishing experience. Many people join Frontiers at Assistant level and grow with us moving into the Specialist role after their 6 month contract.
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding our article collections (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Communicating with researchers via email and phone to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong proposals for their article collections;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of proposals;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journal.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional telephone manner and high attention to details.
- Academic degree relating to any of our journals; preference for Life, Health and Physical Sciences, and Engineering
- A collaborative and professional personality;
- IT Proficiency with MS Office and Google tools, with solid typing skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Candidates welcomed direct from university/academia
- Related work experience in academic or research environment an added bonus;
- 25 days' vacation per year.
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all.
- Plenty of social & fun benefits including Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour, etc!