We are seeking an experienced, qualified accountant to provide financial and operational support to the business and to assist with key growth initiatives.
Based in the Lausanne head office but also with responsibilities for the group’s international operations, the Financial Controller will report to the group CFO. The successful applicant will manage to the day to day running and development of the small accounting team; and will be responsible for maintaining a strong system of internal controls, all financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, tax compliance and various ad hoc assignments.
You need to be a self-starter with a structured logical mind, who takes initiative and can maintain professionalism in a fast-paced, international environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Management of the small accounting team and foreign subsidiary administrators
- Design and implementation of management and financial reporting systems
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly management reporting and analysis
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and liaison with the company’s auditors
- Submission of VAT and income tax returns, and liaison with the group’s tax advisors
- Working closely with the CFO and Heads of Department on the annual budgeting process
- Other ad hoc projects
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent) with post-qualification business experience
- Excellent knowledge of English (company language)
- Technically strong with working knowledge of IFRS
- Proven experience of moving a finance team forward, driving change and improving controls
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Consolidations experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise with non-finance teams
Applications welcomed in English as the business language.