We are looking for a professional MSSQL database administrator (DBA) to join our IT Infrastructure and Support Solutions team. The selected candidate will keep our database up and running smoothly 24/7 and will provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both back-end data structure and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server 2008 and above administration experience required.
- Strong debugging skills in T-SQL, triggers, views, functions, and stored procedures.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
The working language in our environment is English. We offer a modern office with a open plan work-space and a friendly working environment, flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass), team building/sport activities and monthly social events. We are working for customers around the world and with suppliers in different countries and time zones.
The candidate must be an EU citizen or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Please send your application and cover letter in English.