We are looking for an enthusiastic Scrum Master/Team lead with development background to lead a Software Development Team of 4-6 people in our Madrid office.
You will be part of a fast-growing international team of motivated, talented and collaborative software engineers, with the goal of making Frontiers the world’s biggest open-access publisher. We offer a modern office with a open plan work-space and a friendly working environment, flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass), team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
As Scrum Master
- Apply Agile practices and Ensure SCRUM framework is followed;
- Facilitating Scrum events and ensure SCRUM values in the team;
- Ensuring the Product Owner arranges the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Removing impediments and help the Development Team to create high-values products.
- Manage the holiday request and absences from team members;
- Participate in hiring activities;
- Conduct performance reviews;
- Act as a single point of contact/ representative/speaker for the team;
- Conduct Sprint Reviews and maximize team’s productivity;
- Coach the product owner to understand and practice agility.
- Previous working experience being a team lead/scrum master;
- Scrum.org PSMI certification at least;
- Good experience with Microsoft Stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL SERVER);
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with Web Services and REST APIs;
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server and T-SQL;
- Experience with modern software engineering best practices: unit testing/test automation, Continuous Integration etc.;
- Previous Experience with Salesforce;
- Knowledge of scalability of web applications/services;
- Experience with Message Queue systems such as RabbitMQ;
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.