We are seeking enthusiastic recent graduates for our Internship program in our Peer Review team. This paid, full-time internship position in our London office will last for six months, with the intention to - pending good results and progress - roll into a fixed position. It will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in scientific publishing from an insider’s perspective and be initiated to the operations of academic journals.
Under the supervision of the Review Operations Coordinator, and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on ensuring a timely review process for all manuscripts submitted to Frontiers by supporting the external academic editors and monitoring adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Manage journal inbox, prioritizing tasks, labeling and forwarding emails as needed.
- Respond to all queries related to the review process from editors/reviewers/authors, resolving conflictual situations and delays, and granting extensions.
- Carry out quality control checks including conflicts of interest, ethical approval and plagiarism screening.
- Escalate any issues to the Research Integrity team or Journals Development teams as appropriate.
- Liaise with authors, reviewers and editors to improve processes and assure timely, fair and thorough peer review.
- Analysis and proactive recommendations for product development of the review platform.
- A positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations;
- Target and customer oriented with a pro-active and resilient personality;
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner;
- Must possess at least a BSc/BA degree.
- Preference for those with an immunology background but not essential