We are looking for a technical product manager to complement our product management team and take responsibility for a part of the Frontiers web platform. We seek an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. The selected candidate should be able to operate in a fast-paced work environment, while juggling several different tasks at the same time. Excellent organizational and communications skills are a must. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identify the users and their needs based on evidence;
- Align the product vision and roadmap to market and stakeholder requirements;
- Write functional and technical specifications;
- Take responsibility for the user experience and collaborate with designers, developers and stakeholders to create the outcome that adds most value based on the organization’s goals;
- Act as Scrum Product Owner for a development team (near- or off-shore) and manage the entire product and development life cycle;
- Constantly communicate with all stakeholders in the appropriate language and abstraction level;
- Define, track and regularly report on KPIs and other metrics;
- Own the vision of the product, be responsible for the roadmap, communicate and work to secure the organization’s understanding and buy-in.
- Minimum three years as a product manager or similar position, ideally with a focus on web-based products;
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial, approach;
- Understanding of Product Management principles and approaches;
- Ability to build effective relationships through communication and transparency;
- Understanding of web technologies, databases and APIs;
- Experience in creating functional and technical specifications, including the creation of mockups, diagrams, workflows and use cases. (UML & BPML);
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus;
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are a must.
The working language is English. We offer plenty of social events, including games nights, yoga classes and monthly happy-hours (plenty of opportunities to celebrate success). You will have access to the latest equipment and work in a diverse and international working environment.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.