We are looking for outgoing candidates with a variety of scientific backgrounds related to Plant Science to execute editorial initiatives aimed at journal growth. These full-time, paid internship positions in our central Lausanne office, will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Reporting to the Team Lead and working closely with Research Topics Specialists plus other editorial teams, the successful candidate will regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world, as well as high level editors on our editorial board. The role will involve building close relationships and supporting the development of proposals for special issues within our journals. The successful candidate will be supporting our team of Specialists commissioning content for one, or a few, journals, depending on the size of the journal.
Assistants are entry level positions direct from MSc and are part of our internship programme for a 6 month contract.
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding our article collections (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Communicating with researchers via email and phone to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong proposals for their article collections;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of proposals;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journal.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional telephone manner and high attention to details.
- Academic degree relating to Plant Science;
- IT Proficiency with MS Office and Google tools, with solid typing skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Candidates welcomed direct following MSc
- Related work experience in academic or research environment an added bonus;
- 12.5 days paid annual leave in 6 months
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all.
- Plenty of social & fun benefits!
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour.
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like.
- In-house wellbeing activities including free weekly yoga.
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.