We are looking for a dynamic Senior Events and Sponsorship Manager with expertise in event execution, project management and sponsorship strategies. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of creating, delivering, and executing large scale innovative event programs and in establishing value-added partnerships.
Under the guidance of the Head of Communications and leading the Events Team, the Senior Events and Sponsorship Manager will play a key role in growing and developing our annual Frontiers Forum.
- Providing overall program management and managing and supporting the Events Team
- Developing detailed scientific program playbooks and project plans, including programs goals, budget management and scope / SOW assessment.
- Providing overall communication and interfaces with all areas affected by the program including cross-functional stakeholders, partners and participants
- Working with senior managers to set the vision for identifying new sponsorship opportunities
- Developing a sponsorship strategy to ensure commercial opportunities are maximized and that the event delivers excellent ROIs for partners
- Winning and developing long-term strategic relationships with sponsors and partners
- Coordination with the Communications and Design teams for promotional material and initiatives
- Tracking and reporting on financial targets
- Leading weekly team meetings and planning
- Performing other duties as assigned or needed
- 10+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing
- Scientific or medical sector experience advantageous
- A strong understanding of brand and communications and the role of sponsorship in the marketing mix
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts
- Financial acumen with a strong understanding of budgets and financial control
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization via presentation, written, and spoken channels
- Experience with the business impact and strategic use of large conferences
- Performance-driven and comfortable with working in a dynamic global environment to tight deadlines
- Self-starter with an unmistakable entrepreneurial attitude
- Highly-organized and methodical
- Native-level English speaker or business level proficiency
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.