We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Salesforce Developer with some .NET background that helps us to integrate our IT platforms with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud. You will play a key role in building a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing, shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
You work in a small team along with other talented developers. Your team is in charge of implementing solutions in a Salesforce platform and integrating different products with Salesforce, as well as developing other transversal applications relevant for the core business of Frontiers. Supported by a Scrum Master, QA and Product Owner, the team usually works in 2 week sprints.
What you do as a developer
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy high quality solutions on Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud of the Force.com platform.
- You care about building scalable, resilient and secure solutions.
- Work with the product owner, QA and other developers to develop new solutions or enhance existing one using Visualforce and Apex.
- Integrate Salesforce with other systems using APIs - leveraging on your .NET background.
- Enroll in all the Scrum ceremonies and artifacts we use on a daily basis.
- Provide technical and functional expertise on SalesForce to the team.
- Assess new tools and apps, build PoCs, and offer recommendations to improve our SalesForce implementation.
- Ensure that the proposed and existing systems are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in your team's scrum process.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions where many tools, architectures and processes are on the table.
- You submit pull requests and discuss solutions with the team in order to share knowledge.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing SOLID and testable code.
Your day in the office
As first thing in the morning, you attend the daily Scrum meeting to discuss with the rest of the team members what you will be focusing on today. You should clarify all the requirements and the purpose of the tasks assigned to you and evaluate different possible solutions. You need to have updated knowledge of Salesforce features, standard functionalities and new releases in order to avoid over-customizing the platform and apply the right solution. You need to be proactive to refactor some Apex code, triggers or batches. Once your task is completed, you deploy the fix or new functionality on a test Sandbox and your QA engineer colleague can verify its quality. As soon as you have the green light, you can put it into production. Time flies and it's time to head out, you are happy with the progress you made.
What we are looking for
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Salesforce developer (Salesforce certification a plus)
- Experience with Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- You have experience integrating both Marketing and Sales Cloud.
- You have experience integrating Salesforce with other systems.
- You are curious and keep updated with the features of the new Salesforce release.
- Experience working with Web Services, REST APIs and .NET.
- Experience with SOQL and SQL queries.
- Experience developing and maintaining custom apps on Force.com platform and knowledge about Service Cloud is a plus.
- You are eager to be always up to date with modern software engineering best practices: Agile/Scrum, algorithms and design patterns, unit testing/test automation, Continuous Integration, etc.
- You are good at improving the skills of your colleagues by helping and training them on Salesforce products.
- You are not afraid to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You you have good English skills.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- An office in an awesome location.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.