We are looking for a Junior System Administrator (SA) to join our IT Infrastructure and Support Solutions team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology and will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing their transition from development to production by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports Frontiers infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide other support per request from various teams, investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Frontiers infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc)
- Knowledge of desktop, notebook, and server hardware including configuration and troubleshooting of systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, Domain Controller, DNS, and DHCP.
- Knowledge and experience of RAID, NTFS, and Share Permissions.
- Knowledge of computer and network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Good experience with network administration.
- General knowledge of datacentre and server rack management.
- General knowledge of development tools and products, such as Visual Studio, SQL Server, TFS, Git, and JIRA.
- General knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Experience with programming and scripting is a plus—PowerShell preferred.
- Relative certifications are preferred.
General skills and abilities
- Outstanding technical, customer service, and communication skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly organized and results driven.
- Team-player, within the IT department and entire company, and capable of working independently.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to deal with a variety of problems, troubleshooting, and find the best solutions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
The working language in our environment is English. We offer a modern office with a open plan work-space and a friendly working environment, flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass), team building/sport activities and monthly social events. We are working for customers around the world and with suppliers in different countries and time zones.
The candidate must be an EU citizen or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Please send your application and cover letter in English.