We are looking for a Data Engineer with a background in business intelligence and data warehouse development to join our Data Architecture and Engineering team.
You will work on design and development of solutions for data collection, data warehousing, and processing large volumes of data.
To be successful in this role, you need to have strong SQL skills, good knowledge of data systems, experience of developing data processing pipelines, comfort dealing with complex technical problems, and the desire and ability to learn and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform data collection, data cleansing and integration, and data retrieval.
- Design and develop highly scalable, end-to-end processes to consume, integrate, and analyse large volume and complex data from different data sources.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain multi-terabyte, scalable, and sustainable enterprise data platform that supports a wide variety of data processing for business intelligence and analytics needs.
- Build and integrate robust data processing pipelines for enterprise-level business analytics.
- Employ strong engineering mind-set in design and development automated monitoring, alerting, and self-healing features.
- Work in a collaborative environment—meetings, iterative development, and design and code review sessions.
- Collaborate with Software Developers, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Data Scientists to ensure that requirements for integration, security, quality, and cross functional usage are addressed.
- Follow enterprise data standards and participate in the definition and improvement.
- Help resolve data issues, troubleshoot system problems, and as needed, assist other staff with reporting, debugging data accuracy issues, and other related functions.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role.
- University degree in the field of Computer Science or other technical equivalents.
- Solid understanding of relational, non-relational, and multi-dimensional data models and systems.
- Strong SQL experience in analysing, transforming, and integrating high volume, complex data sources with considerations for accuracy, efficiency, and performance.
- Experience in design and development of custom ETL/ELT solutions for Enterprise Data Warehouse, using Microsoft SQL Server Tools and Services.
- Experience in design and development of OLAP solutions, using SSAS, with working knowledge of DAX and MDX.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration.
- Knowledge of .Net Framework and experience programming in C# and/or Visual Basic .NET.
- Experience with XML, XPath, JSON, and Web API.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure services; Previous experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with BI and analytics visualisation tools, such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience with visualisation, statistics, and machine learning is a plus.
General Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and effectively collaborate with development, operations, and business teams.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams as well as ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Good command of the English language.
Please send your application and cover letter in English.