Frontiers is an open access academic publisher based in Switzerland. Our mission is to revolutionize research communication through innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing.
The Team Lead, within the Research Topics Team, oversees the training and development of 5 to 8 direct reports. The direct reports are in charge of commissioning high level editorial content for our Neuroscience and Psychology journals; They work with interested scholars to bring together high quality Research Topic proposals, and facilitate the Research Topic evaluation process performed by the Chief Editors.
The Team Lead helps ensure team efficiency, and is the first point of contact for all of their direct reports. Responsibilities as Team Lead include one on one meetings, helping direct reports to think critically about strategy, and liaising with the Research Topic Team Manager regarding any issues. They are responsible for helping all Specialists within their team maintain a healthy pipeline, and ensuring they meet their annual tragets, in order to ensure growth within their respective portfolios.
Reporting to: Research Topic Manager.
- Line manager for a subset of Research Topic Specialists within the Lausanne office, and is responsible for their training and development.
- Reaching agreed Research Topic targets for journals under their responsability.
- Reporting to their line manager on results and challenges, actively proposing solutions as well as working closely with the manager towards the team’s target as defined by upper management.
- Establishing close collaborations with the program and journal managers to keep them informed of Research Topic initiatives and seeking their input and feedback as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- External candidates should have prior publishing or relevant management experience
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality, with a willingness to approach problems in a productive manner in order to seek solutions.
- An enthusiasm to manage and train a small group of employees in a target driven environment
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- 25 days' vacation per year.
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all.
- Plenty of social & fun benefits!
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour.
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like.
- In-house wellbeing activities including free weekly yoga.
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
CLOSING DATE: 19TH NOVEMBER 2018