Frontiers, a leading Open Access Publisher and Open Science Platform, is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join its Product Management team. As Technical Business Analyst, you will work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers who are responsible for the data and AI driven products of the Frontiers peer-review platform.
Due to the fast working environment of Frontiers and the complexities of our current and future solutions, we are seeking an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude, that is able to perfectly bridge the gap between technical and business stakeholders. Therefore proven experience as a business analyst on an open-access peer review platform as well as a strong technical background are mandatory. You must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment while juggling several different tasks at the same time. You also must have an eye for detail and high standards, with highly developed critical thinking, interpretive and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate product vision across multiple cross-functional teams..
What you will do:
- Gather, document and analyze current processes and workflows for our open-access peer review platform;
- Collaborate with development teams to provide detailed specifications, business input and user feedback.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document business requirements;
- Translate product vision into detailed functional and technical specifications for an academic publishing platform (use cases, interfaces, workflows - BPMN, DMN using Camunda, APIs);
- Create training materials and user guidelines specifically dedicated to an academic population;;
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve products, discover issues, and deliver better value to the users.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on working experience as a Business Analyst on a peer-review review platform, with a focus on open access (mandatory);
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of academic publishing processes and open access peer review processes;
- Strong experience in writing functional and technical specifications, including diagrams, workflows and use cases;
- Previous experience in documenting workflows using BPMN specifically for workflow and decision automation platforms (Camunda);
- Good working-knowledge of database technologies and understand data modeling concepts: relational databases (MSSQL), document databases (MongoDB), search engine (ElasticSearch);
- Good understanding of web technologies, XML, JSON, REST APIs and message broker technologies (RabbitMQ);
- Good understanding of authentication and authorization OAuth 2.0 flows;
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial approach;
- Working language is English - solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are an absolute must.
- CVs and motivation letter must be provided in English.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.