We are looking for an outgoing candidate with a background in one of the following fields: microbiology, plant science, immunology or cell biology (PhD preferred or previous publishing experience), to execute initiatives aimed at journal growth. The successful candidate for this position will communicate with high level researchers over both phone and email, engaging them with our editorial projects and supporting the development of their project proposals. The candidate will work across our journal portfolios.
This full-time position in our Seattle office will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Research Topics are themed article collections encompassing recent advancements on a focused research area, organized by leading researchers (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
- Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journals.
- Higher Education background in life sciences, specifically in one of the following fields: microbiology, plant science, immunology or cell biology, or previous experience working with academic researchers from these fields.
- PhD preferred, will consider candidates at the Master’s level with expertise in one or more of the above fields;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;