We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Review Operations Coordinator for our Peer Review team.
Under the supervision of the Review Operations Manager, and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on ensuring a timely review process for all manuscripts submitted to Frontiers by supporting the external academic editors and monitoring adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Managerial responsibility for Review Operations Assistants and Specialists in their team and the results of their portfolio towards defined targets.
- Responsible for training new team members and providing continuous training as well as performance feedback and performance appraisals.
- Primary escalation point for higher-level issues encountered by their team.
- Implements action plans to agreed standards and deadlines, and drives strategic initiatives.
- Handles serious delay issues, drives and monitors the timely execution of the review process.
- Analyses and provides proactive recommendations for product development of the review platform.
- Monitors the team’s progress towards the defined targets, identifies shortcomings, proposes improvements and new strategies, as well as implementing them.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating editorial policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines in consultation with the Review Operations Manager.
- A positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations;
- Target and customer oriented with a pro-active and resilient personality;
- Previous managerial experience is an asset
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner;
- Must possess at least a BSc/BA degree ideally related to Biological Sciences