Frontiers is a leading Open Access Publisher with a mission to make all science open. Frontiers is the 4th most-cited publisher and its journals rank among the world’s most-cited in their fields — including top most-cited in neurosciences, microbiology, plant science and psychology.
We are seeking a number of outgoing and target-oriented candidates to work as part of the Research Topics team as Assistants, supporting our Specialists and Team Leaders. Defined, managed, and led by renowned researchers, Research Topics unite the world’s leading experts around the hottest topics in research, stimulating collaboration and accelerating science.
These full-time, permanent positions in our London office will provide the successful candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced and innovative work environment and a great first step into publishing. (For more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
We currently have openings in the following areas:
- Health (Public Health and Medicine)
- Health (Neurology)
- Biomedical Health (Cell and Infection Microbiology, Endocrinology and Oncology)
- Life Sciences (Microbiology)
- Life Sciences (Marine Science, Ecology and Evolution)
- PSE (Materials)
- PSE (Earth Science)
- PSE (Built Environment)
- Brain (Neuroscience)
- Bio Sciences (Physiology and Genetics)
- Data Sciences or computer sciences covering Maths, AI, Big Data, Research Metrics and Analytics
- First assessment of email replies in order to direct qualified leads to a senior colleague
- Follow up on leads to provide technical support to potential Topics
- Provide support for confirmed Topics.
- Regular and professional communication with both internal and external stakeholders, via email and phone;
- Maintain tracking sheets with data relevant to Topics pipeline
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Supporting the company in reaching ambitious targets for journal growth.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional telephone manner and high attention to detail.
- Academic degree relating to Science
- IT Proficiency with MS Office and Google tools, with solid typing skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Candidates welcomed direct following MSc
- Related work experience in academic or research environment an added bonus;
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits, great WeWork office!