We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Development Manager to lead our Software Development and Delivery team in Madrid. The selected candidate will be responsible to envision product development and manage projects through completion; analyze, design and develop software enhancements and new modules; manage development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction.
By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving. You will be engaged with stimulating problems to solve from day 1, you will have access to knowledge and platforms to solve such problems, and you will be doing so in synergy with a talented group of software engineers.
- Line-manage 4 Scrum teams including all administrative and team building activities.
- Coordinate the implementation strategy of the Scrum teams.
- Define and monitor together with the Scrum Masters the Development Processes.
- Ensure a proper power balance between Product Owner, team, and management.
- Facilitate Scrum rituals and foster a continuous-improvement mindset in the Development teams.
- Educate Product Managers, team, management and organization about Scrum and Agile processes.
- Act as the main link between the Lausanne headquarters and the Madrid office, building trust, transparency and strong team collaboration.
- Drive the Scrum of Scrums and escalate the impediments and action points.
- Coordinate activities with the Technology teams (Product Management, Infrastructure/Operations, Data).
- Understand and communicate the product and company vision to the Development Teams.
- Represent the Scrum teams in the Release Management group.
- Report based on team performance and KPIs to the Head of Software Development and Delivery.
- Responsible for the recruitment of Software Developers and QA Engineers.
- Strong People Management skills and experience.
- Experience with both Agile Teams and high pressure and delivery teams.
- Experience with Scrum methodologies and strategies.
- Experience facilitating meetings and enabling team’s process improvements
- Experience working with Micro Services Architecture, system decoupling and refactoring.
- Very strong background on full stack Microsoft .NET development.
- Experience with SQL and No SQL storage systems, like MS SQL Server, Mongo DB and Elastic Search.
- Experience and Project Scoping and Planning.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent English skills, written and oral.
- Ability to travel to headquarter office on a monthly basis to meet with key stakeholders and management.
The working language in our environment is English. We offer a modern office with a open plan work-space and a friendly working environment, flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass), team building/sport activities and monthly social events. We are working for customers around the world and with suppliers in different countries and time zones.
HOW TO APPLY :
Please submit your application in English. The candidate must be an EU citizen or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.