We are seeking enthusiastic and target-oriented professionals for full-time Journal Development Specialist positions, located in our Lausanne and London offices. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and reputation of our journal portfolios, and, as such, we are looking for someone who has a relevant scientific background, a strong understanding of the academic community, as well as publishing and / or industry experience.
Reporting to the Journal Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position focuses on commissioning and the operational aspects of journal development. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact with leading researchers around the world, successfully building relationships to acquire quality content for the journal. In addition, the candidate will ensure effective editorial board management and participate actively in devising editorial strategies. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills which will enable them to liaise and develop relationships with very high-profile scholars, and be a collaborative team player, working closely with members of supporting teams. To ensure the journals maintain and grow their reputation as attractive publishing outlets for the community, the successful candidate will also be confident in working with data to perform market analysis of the competitor publishing landscape, identifying new areas for growth to inform our editorial strategies.
The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
2. The indication of your earliest availability
3. A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like
- In-house well-being activities including free weekly yoga
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club