Frontiers, a leading Open Access Publisher and Open Science Platform, is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join its Product Management team. As Business Analyst, you will work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers who are responsible for the data and AI driven products of the Frontiers platform.
We seek an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. You must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment while juggling several different tasks at the same time. You also must have an eye for detail and high standards, with highly developed critical thinking, interpretive and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate product vision across multiple cross-functional teams.
What you will do:
- Gather, document and analyze current processes and workflows;
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document business requirements;
- Translate product vision into detailed functional specifications (use cases, interfaces, workflows);
- Collaborate with development teams to provide detailed specifications, business input and user feedback;
- Create training materials and user guidelines;
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve products, discover issues, and deliver better value to the users.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience as an IT business analyst (or similar position), with a focus on custom development and web-based products;
- Prior experience of working across varied technology domains and industries is preferred;
- Strong experience in writing functional and technical specifications, including diagrams, workflows and use cases;
- Good knowledge of database technologies and understand data modeling concepts (hands-on SQL knowledge is a plus);
- Good understanding of web technologies and APIs;
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial approach;
- Working language is English- solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are an absolute must.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.