We are looking for a Communications Specialist to develop and disseminate high-quality content related to the annual Frontiers Forum – an exclusive event bringing together the world’s leading researchers, innovators, industry representatives and policy makers to advance solutions to the most critical issues facing humanity.
Under the guidance of the Frontiers Forum Program Manager, the successful candidate will work with internal teams, vendors and agencies to create engaging digital and print materials for internal and external audiences. The candidate is also responsible for multichannel dissemination including websites, intranets, social media and the press. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and to strict deadlines – and who is passionate about science and the benefits it brings to people, society and the planet.
- Creating and coordinating web copy, newsletters, social media messages, email messages, videos, images, presentations and print materials
- Liaising with internal teams and scientists for content production and approval
- Updating and maintaining websites, intranets and email lists
- Coordinating and supporting communications via social media and email
- Managing incoming media inquiries and coordinating interviews
- Monitoring and reporting on all communications activities
- Providing editorial and other support to the Events team as needed
- Ensuring consistent messaging and branding, as well as scientific accuracy and high editorial standards, across all communications
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or any scientific field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of communications, journalism or marketing experience, preferably in a scientific, medical or technical field.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- Native-level English speaker.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.