We are seeking enthusiastic and results-driven professionals for the full-time position of Journal Launch Specialist, located in our London office. We are looking for candidates with the following backgrounds:
- Physical sciences & engineering
- Life Science/Biomedical
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the significant growth of our journal portfolio, and, as such, we are looking for candidates who have a strong academic background, a good understanding of the academic community, as well as publishing and / or industry experience.
The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher. Reporting to the Journal Launch Manager and working closely with other Journal Development Managers, the position focuses primarily on the launch of new sections/journals and on establishing top quality editorial boards. The successful candidate will have direct access to and regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world to ensure efficient journal content acquisition and editorial board management during the launch of new sections.
- Working closely with different Journal Development Managers to prepare newly identified sections for launch
- Identifying, profiling and reaching out to eminent researchers in different academic areas for Chief Editor positions
- Working with newly appointed Chief Editors to introduce them to Frontiers' policies and assisting them in building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- On-boarding new Associate Editors, pooling research proposals, and creating dynamic Editorial Boards for the section launch
- Responsible for all admin tasks ensuring the timely launch of sections online
- Prioritizing every-day tasks effectively in alignment with the overall team goal
- Strong, relevant academic background
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment
- Previous experience with a publisher with demonstrated project management and research experience is an asset
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional and courteous telephone manner and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- IT Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU (Schengen area).
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
- The indication of your earliest availability
- A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”
- 25 days' vacation per year
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all
- Plenty of social & fun benefits!
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like
- In-house well-being activities including free weekly yoga
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club