World-class research. Ultimate impact.
More on impact ›
The section is dedicated to publishing new and important findings in the rapidly expanding field of space robotics. Space robotics is broadly defined as the intersection of control, articulated mechanisms, artificial intelligence, path-planning, computer vision, astrodynamics and space sciences.Read More
Space Robotics is devoted to publishing leading-edge new and important findings in the rapidly expanding field of space robotics.
The section aims to publish innovative solutions in robotics and autonomous systems for operations in a space environment - either in the vicinity of Earth or on other planets and asteroids.
We encourage submissions that investigate new algorithms for robotic mechanisms, autonomous satellites and spacecraft, including:
· algorithms for supporting robotic autonomous and semi-autonomous operations in space,
· experimental demonstrations of prior developed algorithms
· in-orbit satellite servicing, inspection, refuelling and health monitoring,
· shared autonomy (human-robot interaction) in space,
· systems adapted to the challenging space environment, such as zero-g environment, high contrast, changing illumination conditons, limited on-board energy and power,
· development of sensors and actuators to support future robotic missions.
This section aims to foster a community that encompasses researchers, engineers and computer scientists from academia and industry with the intention of promoting and developing these exciting areas of space robotics.
Indexed in: Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, SAO/NASA ADS, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Inspire, CLOCKSS
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org