The world's most-cited Microbiology journal
Plant Microbe Interactions publishes original, refereed research on the interactions between plants and pathogenic, endophytic, and symbiotic microrganisms and pests. The Specialty Section welcomes manuscripts that advance knowledge and understanding of aspects including:
· Molecular communication between plants and microbes (e.g. bacteria, fungi, oomycetes) as well as nematodes, insects and mites, and parasitic plants
· Molecular dynamics in multitrophic interactions involving plants
· Genetic and epigenetic dynamics as well as transgenerational effects in plant microbe interactions
· Microbial mechanisms of plant pathogenesis
· Microbial suppression or evasion of plant defense responses
· Exchange, diversion, and utilization of nutrients during plant microbe interactions
· Plant developmental and immune responses to microbes at the molecular and cellular level
· The reciprocal relationship between the plant immune system and the microbiome, and its relevance for plant health
· Molecular evolution and ecology of plant microbe interactions
· The control of plant microbe interaction by the environment
· Technological approaches to control microbes and enhance plant productivity.
We expect contributions that employ state-of-the-art technology and approaches, and we especially welcome studies that take interdisciplinary approaches to decipher the great complexity of the mechanisms underlying plant microbe interactions. Descriptive studies that report phenotypic (morphological, developmental, or physiological) responses or that describe effects already shown in other species will not be considered if they do not address the molecular relevance to the plant microbe association or if they provide negligible advancement of knowledge.
Works describing plant virus interactions do not fall within the scope of this Section and should be submitted to.
Please consider the requirements for experimental studies as listed below
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Science Citation Index Expanded
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Plant Microbe Interactions welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Editorial, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Plant Microbe Interactions, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Plant Microbe Interactions will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Microbiology and Plant Science.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com