Impact Factor 3.365 | CiteScore 4.3
More on impact ›
Food Microbiology focuses on a wide variety of current research on microbes that have both beneficial and deleterious effects on the safety and quality of foods, and are thus a concern of public health. Food Microbiology publishes significant basic and applied research in the following areas:
• Food-borne microbes and their interactions with various foods and food chain environments including their adaptation and response mechanisms to food-processing and food-handling stresses.
• Industrial and biotechnological exploitation of microbial diversity and versatility for the improvement of quality, safety and healthy properties of processed foods.
• Microbiology of fermented foods.
• Evolutionary dynamics of food-borne pathogenic microbes and those of value to food processing and safety in their different ecological contexts.
• Genomics and functional genomics of pathogenic and value-adding technological microbes.
• Molecular methods for the identification, typing and characterization of food-associated microbes and complex microbial communities.
• Development of probiotics as food supplements and their effects on human health including effects on host gut microbiota.
• Predictive microbiology and its application to food and process optimization and risk assessment.
One ultimate goal is to facilitate and accelerate communication among food microbiologists and those active in pertinent other areas of the sciences, and stimulate new perspectives and innovation. Another very important goal is to contribute to a constructive dialog between scientists and the lay public on issues of food safety, food quality and healthy lifestyles.
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org