The Pain Research Methods section of the journal Frontiers in Pain Research publishes high- quality advances in methods across all domains of scientific technologies from basic, applied, translational, and clinical approaches all aimed towards understanding mechanisms and uncovering treatments for acute and chronic pain.
Technologies in science in many domains continues to advance at a very fast pace. Adapting diverse methodologies and their combinations within and across domains can have a critical impact to advance understanding of pain perception in health and in disease.
Areas covered by this section, but are not limited to:
Methods and techniques for:
· Identifying molecules, receptors, channels,
· Animal models
· Circuits, pathways, synapses, neurons
· Cytokines, chemokines, inflammatory and immune pathways
· Clinical trial designs
· Objective markers in humans and in animal models
· Genetic and epigenetic approaches
· Human and animal brain imaging techniques and their interpretation
· Large-scale data collection and modeling, statistics and machine learning
· Interactions and/or combinations of above approaches with each other
The scope of this section of the journal emphasizes reporting methodologies and technologies while other sections may be more appropriate in the application of such methods for novel discoveries in the general topic of pain research.
Indexed in: Google Scholar, CrossRef
Pain Research Methods welcomes submissions of the following article types: Case Report and Specialty Grand Challenge.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Pain Research Methods, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com