Impact Factor 2.849 | CiteScore 3.2
More on impact ›
The Psychological Therapies section aims to publish significant research findings that help us understand and increase the effectiveness of current psychological therapies and develop new interventions for a range of mental disorders. This includes therapies such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), meta-cognitive therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and cognitive bias modification (CBM).
We welcome original investigations on the following topics:
• clinical efficacy of psychological interventions in one or more disorders
• innovative neurobiological methods to establish mediators of clinical change following psychological therapies,
• predictors of clinical response to psychological therapies,
• cognitive models of psychiatric disorders that may point towards new therapeutic targets and innovative or refined therapeutic approaches to address them,
• novel application of psychological interventions (for example, in a new clinical population),
• comparison of psychological and pharmacological therapies where relevant
• combination therapies (for example, pharmacologically-enhanced exposure therapy for phobia).
Psychological Therapies will also publish advances in the application of cognitive remediation and cognitive enhancement therapies in psychiatric disorders, alongside editorials and reviews on current and controversial issues, and timely literature updates. Our ultimate goal is to accelerate communication in the field to promote effective evidence-based psychological therapies for all mental disorders.
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, PsycINFO, Embase, CLOCKSS, Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Psychological Therapies welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Case Report, Clinical Trial, Correction, Editorial, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge, Study Protocol and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Psychological Therapies, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com