Your research can change the world
More on impact ›
The Physical Activity in the Prevention and Management of Diseases section of Frontiers in Sports and Active Living is a broad-ranging multidisciplinary section publishing high quality research into the role of physical activity, in the prevention of disease throughout the lifecourse, and in the management and treatment of acute and chronic disease. We aim to publish translational research that will lead to tangible differences in human health and particularly welcome studies of groups which have been underrepresented in the current literature (for example studies including non-White populations; populations from low- and middle-income countries; and including participants from lower socio-economic groups). The section will include, but is not limited to, articles in the following areas:
· Epidemiology of the relationship between physical activity, sedentary behaviour and aspects of fitness and physical function (e.g. cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength), and health and disease-related outcomes.
· Studies of the biological mechanisms by which physical activity (and sedentary behaviour, fitness and muscular strength) influence health, risk of disease and disease outcomes.
· Studies into the understanding of appropriate doses and types of physical activity in different population groups to improve health, prevent or reduce risk of disease; or improve disease-related or surgical outcomes (including factors related to quality of life). Work considering biological, psychological, behavioural and/or sociological aspects is welcomed.
· Studies into individual or group differences in biological response to physical activity in a health or disease-related context.
· Studies of interventions to change levels of physical activity (either alone, on in the context of wider lifestyle change) with the aim of improving health status, reducing disease risk, or improving disease prognosis. All levels of intervention (individual, family, social, organisational, environmental, policy etc), and all stages of intervention (development, feasibility/pilot, full trial, implementation) are welcomed.
· Methodological studies to improve measurement tools to address the areas above.
· Reviews and meta-analyses in the areas above.
Indexed in: CLOCKSS, CrossRef, DOAJ, Google Scholar, OpenAIRE, PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Physical Activity in the Prevention and Management of Disease welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Case Report, Clinical Trial, Conceptual Analysis, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, Erratum, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Policy and Practice Reviews, Policy Brief, Registered Report, Review, Study Protocol, Systematic Review and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Physical Activity in the Prevention and Management of Disease, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org