Sustainability or sustainable development usually emphasizes economic prosperity, environmental cleanness and high social acceptability simultaneously-the three pillars of sustainability. Meanwhile, technical advancements, political issues and policy systems usually have significant impacts on economic, environmental and social pillars of sustainability. Therefore, sustainability or sustainable development are multi-dimensional concepts, and they usually involve multiple dimensions, factors and criteria.
In order to help the stakeholders/decision-makers to make accurate decisions for promoting sustainable production, sustainable consumption and sustainable development, multi-criteria decision making methods have been widely used in cleaner production, circular economy, consumer behavior and sustainability science, especially in data analytics, selection of best available technology, sustainability assessment, sustainability prioritization, life cycle assessment, policy-making, supply chain optimization, process integration and synthesis.
The mission of Multi-Criteria Decision Making is to provide an open and interdisciplinary platform for dissemination and active discussion of the most important frontiers and advances of multi-criteria decision making methods to facilitate sustainable-production-oriented decision-making, design and optimization leading to a more sustainable society.
The Specialty Section welcomes all manuscripts focusing on multi-criteria decision making for cleaner production, including both ranking of alternatives based on the considerations of multi-dimensional criteria/indicators and multi-scale design/optimization for cleaner production. More specifically, our topics include:
● Multi-criteria decision making methods/multi-objective optimization
● Sustainability assessment
● Technology, process and system selection
● Indicators/indices for sustainability, environmental and ecological performances
● Life cycle sustainability assessment/life cycle sustainability /life cycle costing/social life cycle assessment
● Best available technology for cleaner production
● Sustainability prioritization, design and optimization
● Multi-dimensional governance, legislation, and policy for cleaner production
● Sustainable product design and remanufacturing
● Sustainable supply chain design and optimization
● Artificial intelligence (AI) for sustainability
● Circular economy/industrial symbiosis design for economic, environmental and social objectives
● Multi-dimensional energy system analysis
● Modeling of energy and environmental systems
We welcome contributions that use state-of-the-art methods and tools about multi-criteria decision making for promoting cleaner production and sustainable development, and we especially welcome studies that use interdisciplinary subjects (i.e. engineering, management science and social science) to solve sustainability problems associated with production. We also encourage non-academics from industry to submit their contributions and findings and share their experience in multi-criteria decision making for cleaner production and increased sustainability.
Indexed in: Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, CLOCKSS, OpenAIRE
PMCID: coming soon for all published articles
Multi-criteria Decision Making welcomes submissions of the following article types: Book Review, Brief Research Report, Community Case Study, Correction, Curriculum, Instruction, and Pedagogy, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Letter to the Editor, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Policy and Practice Reviews, Policy Brief, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Multi-criteria Decision Making, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com