About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to collect contributions around the themes presented to ISCLB2019, the International Symposium on Cereal Leaf Blights 2019, held in Dublin, Ireland, on 22th-24th May, 2019.
Expected manuscripts cover the subjects of the symposium’s sessions:
- Studies on genetic variation, population change, and evolution in the pathogen
- Environmental and host factors which drive population change
- Fungicide resistance
- Genome-wide analysis, studies on genome structure, and transcriptomics of the pathogens or the host
- Studies on the interactions between the pathogen and host at the cellular or molecular level
- Identification and characterization of genes that provide resistance or susceptibility in the host and efforts to breed resistance to cereal blights
- Studies on secondary metabolites during fungal growth, development, and infection
Contributors are welcome to submit Original Research, Methods, Mini-reviews and Review articles. The contributions presented at the ISCLB2019 conference are particularly welcome in this Research Topic. Additionally, other contributions fitting in the scope of the Topic as outlined above, and being strongly related to the ISCLB2019 conference, are also encouraged. Prior Abstract submission is welcome but not mandatory for manuscript submission.
Keywords: Cereals, Cereal Leaf Blights, Cereal Host-blight Pathogen Interaction, Blight Resistance, ISCLB2019
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.