About this Research Topic
In this Research Topic, we seek to highlight studies that focus on (i) novel psychotropic drug treatment targets for mood disorders and (ii) how they are linked to the search for novel therapeutics for mood disorders. The mechanisms, efficacy, and safety of these treatment strategies need to be verified in future studies.
We welcome original research articles, review articles, as well as clinical trials to focus on the following scopes, but not limited to:
• Neuro-immune regulatory dysfunction related to mood disorders
• Treatment targeting microbiota in mood disorders
• New clinical research into the therapeutic mechanisms of mood stabilizers and antipsychotics in mood disorders
• Clinical translational research on the action of probiotics and prebiotics in mood disorders
• Novel modifiers of lipid profile to enhance anti-inflammatory effect.
• Other anti-inflammatory treatment studies in mood disorders.
Keywords: translational research, biological mechanism, mood disorder, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.