About this Research Topic
Internet of things (IoT) technology plays an important role not only in communications and computer science but also in physics due to the rapid spread of usage of sensor devices. The telemetry of different sensed data such as pressure, temperature, illumination, and object detection is one of the potent ways to solve many complex problems by combining them with Big Data. IoT and Data Mining can also be helpful in solving many issues related to eHealth. A lot of applications related to human health and drastic changes in the environment require fast and accurate solutions. Sensor technology in combination with Big Data can help to solve and exceptionally improve the prediction of disaster and quality of life.
To implement IoT-based environmental technology for improving the quality of life, we want to introduce the amalgamation of sensor-based communication technologies in collaboration with Big Data analytics and its applications.
In this Research Topic, we invite the latest research works on emerging innovative methodologies, technologies, and research related to IoT with respect to Big Data technology. The Research Topic will cover a wide area of issues. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Sensor technology for smart human-care services by applying Big Data techniques
· Implementation of Deep learning techniques for Sensor Technology in IoT
· IoT systems analysis, modeling, and simulation using Big Data
· IoT technologies and applications in eHealth using Data Mining
· Data and knowledge mining for smart human-care services through sensors
· IoT solutions for well-being and active aging using Data Mining techniques
· Energy-efficient IoT Big Data acquisition techniques
· Privacy and security related to IoT and Big Data
· IoT and Big Data analytics on energy-constrained platforms
· Optimization, control, and automation of sensor-based IoT applications using Data Mining
· IoT and Big Data programming model
· Architecture and protocols for IoT and Big Data
· Emerging sensor-based, hardware architectures for IoT and Big Data
· Smart cities and systems using Big Data
· IoT Big Data storage and processing techniques
· Fault-tolerant and redundant systems for IoT by applying Data Mining
· IoT based on various types of sensors.
Keywords: IoT, Big Data, Sensor, Machine Learning, Physics
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.