About this Research Topic
Virtual Reality is gaining a strong momentum to become a major interactive technology that can be applied across domains and purposes. Over the past few decades, guidelines on user experience have been growing, resulting in a diverse set of opinions. This topic seeks to gather best practice and novel work on User Experience UX) and immersive design to offer a platform for others to contribute to.
Despite recent technological advancements in VR still, we pursue to overcome many non-functional challenges from the UX design perspective, e.g., cybersickness, user interaction, and emotional engagement.
The aim and the scope of this call mainly focus on user experience design, development, and assessments or virtual reality application.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• User experience design of Virtual Reality application
• Virtual Reality Concepts and case studies
• Virtual Reality interface and interaction techniques
• Virtual Reality application prototyping
• User experience evaluation of Virtual Reality application
• Usability assessments of virtual reality application
• Emotional engagement in VR applications
• Security and privacy concerns in Virtual Reality application
• Virtual Reality application design guideline
• Development methodology of Virtual Reality application
• Virtual Reality data analysis
Keywords: User Experience, Virtual Reality, Mobile Virtual Reality, User Interaction, Virtual Reality Application
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.