About this Research Topic
Automatic control technologies of transportation systems have been rapidly advancing while using new Artificial Intelligence and IT technologies. Unmanned operations are expected to be introduced in many kinds of transit systems, such as railways, subways, and automobiles, buses, trucks, trams, and air crafts.
These systems may be convenient, economical and efficient, but we need to consider the acceptability of systems for public.
This Research Topic aims to collect papers on autonomous/automated driving, unmanned operation of various transportation systems and related topics. These papers will be useful for researchers and engineers in the research field, we expect papers from both industry and academy.
The Topic Editors welcome the submission of papers concerning various kinds of Automatic and/or unmanned control transportation systems, as follows:
• Automatic and/or unmanned operation of trains; railways, trams, AGT, MAGLEVs; technologies, systems
• Autonomous driving automobiles; components, technologies, system configuration
• Research and Development of automated driving and operation of various kinds of transportation systems: aircraft, drones, ships, construction machinery, etc.
• Infrastructure of automated transportation systems
• Human acceptance of automated systems
• Safety analysis and accident investigations of automated transportation systems
• Related topics on automatic/autonomous driving and unmanned operation
Keywords: Automatic Driving, Unmanned Control, Transportation, Public Acceptability, Infrastructure of Automated Systems
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.