About this Research Topic
In this Research Topic, we will welcome original research, review, or short opinions that focus on the state-of-the-art of neuroimmune interactions in health and disease and aim at advancing the current knowledge of the role of the immune system, neurovasculature, meningeal lymphatics, and brain-resident glial cells in the maintenance of brain function or in the context of brain inflammation, infection, trauma, aging, and degeneration.
This Research Topic is open to submission of short opinions, review or original articles addressing the following themes:
- Immunity at the brain borders in health and disease
- Neuroimmune interactions in autoimmunity and neuroinflammation
- Cerebrovascular role in aging and neurodegenerative diseases
- Immunology of neuroinfectious diseases
- Functional role of glial cells in neuroinflammation, aging and neurodegeneration
- Central nervous system lymphatic vasculature and drainage
Keywords: Immune response, Glial cells, Brain borders, Neuroinflammation, Neurodegeneration
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.