About this Research Topic
Environmental and energy issues are two major problems related to human survival in the future. Photocatalytic technology can use solar energy for pollutant removal, hydrogen production, carbon dioxide fueling, etc., providing a very promising solution for mankind to solve the above two problems. Pore-making is an important method to increase the active sites of the photocatalyst, and by controlling the pore size at the nanometer scale, the diffusion of reactive species during the photocatalytic reaction can be effectively ensured, that is, the reaction kinetics and diffusion kinetics are simultaneously promoted in photocatalytic reaction.
The current research topic aims to collect the latest progress in the field of nanoporous photocatalysts, including the design, synthesis, modification, and application of nanoporous catalysts. On the one hand, the synthesis strategy of nanoporous photocatalysts is the key to obtain such novel materials; on the other hand, the efficiency of pure catalysts will be restricted by their intrinsic characteristics, even if they are porous, so modifications such as doping, loading precious metals, and constructing heterojunctions for nanoporous catalysts are necessary to improve photocatalytic efficiency. In addition, a specific study of nanoporous photocatalysts for different catalytic targets and in different catalytic conditions is the only way to actually use this kind of promising material, it should also be given significant attention.
The submission to the topic can be in the form of Original Research articles, mini and full reviews, and perspectives. The topics include, but are not limited to:
• Design and synthesis of nanoporous photocatalysts
• Modifications of nanoporous photocatalysts
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in the decomposition of organic pollution
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in mineralization of heavy metal ions
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in the removal of NO
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in H2 generation
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in CO2 reduction
• Applications of nanoporous photocatalysts in synthesis reactions
• Molecular simulation of properties and structure of nanoporous photocatalysts
Keywords: nanocatalysts, nanoporous photocatalyst, porous nanocatalysis, catalytic decomposition, CO2 reduction
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.