About this Research Topic
Tropical diseases are prevalent in several countries as tropical and subtropical regions encompass approximately 50% of the world’s population.
The focus of this Research Topic is to explore the recent advancements through approaches of data generation and sourcing through novel sensors, including imaging, electrophysical, and wearables; data interoperability, sharing, and integration such as health information exchange; data analytics such as machine learning and AI; digitized feedback and distributed implementation enabling telehealth and self-monitoring. In particular, we are interested in articles on the following topics, among others:
- Digital diagnostic approaches and data-intensive evaluation of diagnostic tests
- Mechanisms of disease and protection including biomarkers
- Immunoprophylaxis – evaluation of existing vaccines by integrating data-intensive approaches or investigation of mechanisms of new immunoprophylactic agents
- Treatment – evaluation of current therapies or explorations of the drugs or therapeutic regimens by systems biology
- Public health tropical medicine - Programs evaluation by data-driven approaches.
Keywords: data science, tropical diseases, digital approaches, health information
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.