About this Research Topic
Data exchange deals with data sharing among systems. It receives source-transmitted data through a data link, and creates an instance of target data, based on the data received. Modern digital transformation has created a staggering amount of data, but most of the data are trapped in proprietary silos. With the rapid advances in information and computing technology, data exchange has become crucial in achieving effective information sharing and promoting efficient use of valuable data.
A successful data exchange demands trusted, compliant, secure, auditable, and usable data sharing. Blockchain Technology holds a lot of promising mechanisms that enable simple, traceable, and trustworthy data exchange between stakeholders in data ecosystems. Blockchain can maintain immutable, auditable, and single-version-of-truth data so that the visibility, privacy, interoperability, and protection of data are accountable along the data exchange process. Blockchain has proved useful for data exchange in science, business, and healthcare applications.
The objective of this Research Topic of Blockchain for Data Exchange is to address the recent research and development of systems, applications, and advances in blockchain technology for data exchange, including, but not limited to, the following important and interesting areas:
• Applications and Systems for Data Exchange with Blockchain Technology
• Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain for Data Exchange
• Authentication, Data Integrity and Traceability of Data Delivery versus Payment
• Blockchain-based Business Platform
• Blockchain-based Data Ecosystem
• Blockchain-based Data Exchange for Medical Records and Health Data
• Blockchain-enabled Data Marketplace
• Collaborative Blockchain-enabled Data Exchange for Pervasive Business Intelligence
• Comprehensive Review of Data Exchange with Blockchain Technology
• Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Data Exchange based on Blockchains
• Data Integration, Sharing, Interoperability, and Exchange with Blockchain Technology
• Design and Complexity for Blockchain-based Data Exchange
• Industrial Applications of Blockchain Technology for Data Exchange
• Internet-of-Thing (IoT) Data Exchange based on Blockchains
• Logistics and Supply Chain Data Exchange with Blockchains
• Metadata-driven Data Sharing and Exchange with Blockchains
• Mobility Data Exchange with Blockchains
• Parametric Feature-based Data Exchange with Blockchains
• Payment for Data
• Privacy-Preserving and Secure Data Exchange with Blockchains
• Value-Creating Data Exchange via Blockchain Technology
• Scientific Data Exchange with Blockchains
Topic Editor Edward Da-Yin Liao is the co-founder of Straight & Up Intelligent Innovations Group Co. All other Topic Editors declare no competing interests with regards to the Research Topic subject.
Keywords: Data Marketplace, Payment for Data, Data Exchange, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, Data Sharing, Data Integration, Data Interoperability, Secured and Trustless, Parametric Feature-based
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.