About this Research Topic
Pediatric rheumatology is a subspecialty of pediatrics dealing with autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases affecting vascular tissues, connective tissues and musculoskeletal system. Some symptoms or signs seen in hematological and infectious diseases may mimic rheumatological diseases. Children having complaints due to non-rheumatic conditions are referred to pediatric rheumatology centers for the differential diagnosis of rheumatic diseases. Therefore, raising awareness of rheumatic diseases among pediatricians will enable rapid and timely diagnosis.
Autoinflammatory diseases occupy a large place in pediatric rheumatology practice. The purpose of this Research Topic is to discuss the new data in pathogenesis, clinical aspects, and treatment approaches in autoinflammatory diseases.
We will welcome original research articles, review articles, case reports covering but not limited to, the following themes:
● Recent advance in pathogenesis in autoinflammatory diseases
● Phenotype and genotype correlation in autoinflammatory diseases
● Comparison of pediatric and adult patients with autoinflammatory diseases
● Treatments and treatment response of autoinflammatory diseases
● Biologic treatments in autoinflammatory diseases
● Diagnostic approaches in autoinflammatory diseases
● Outcome in autoinflammatory diseases
● Quality of life in autoinflammatory diseases
● Biomarkers in autoinflammatory diseases
● Complications/comorbidities in autoinflammatory diseases
Keywords: Familial Mediterranean Fever, Hereditery Periodic Fevers, Autoimmflamatory Diseases, Periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis and cervical adenitis (PFAPA syndrome) Inflammasopathies Interferonopathies
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.