About this Research Topic
This Research Topic is based on the conference: 20th International Congress on Public and Nonprofit Marketing
- virtual conference organized by the Fundación General De La Universidad De Alcalá, 28-29 June 2021
Public and non-profit marketing is an alternative way of using methods that come from the commercial sector to achieve social improvements. Thus, marketing techniques are used to make the world a better place. Non-profit organizations pursue the goal of ensuring the success of the social projects in which they are involved. However, the challenges are different from those faced by for-profit companies. In the case of non-profit marketing, fewer personal and financial resources are available. The responsible actions of profit-oriented companies are also governed by other criteria than the purely commercial ones. Public marketing should understand that citizens are not mere customers and must appeal to them to serve their needs, not sell a product or service for profit. A well-executed public marketing becomes a necessary tool to optimize public resources and improve the effectiveness of the services provided to citizens.
The aim of this Research Topic is to find papers that analyze how public and non-profit sector address the need to deal with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in an efficient way. However, the analysis of this relationship is not only from a marketing point of view, but from an interdisciplinary perspective. The study of the strategies carried out by organizations to improve sustainability should be the basis for the improvement and fulfilment of the SDGs. The increasing influence of these goals’ values on the organizations determine the relevance of the research in this field and, to a greater extent, in the case of public and non-profit organizations that must be responsible for achieving social improvements with the obligation to be sustainable.
This Research Topic welcomes scientific papers that covers the following topics (but not limited exclusively):
• Consumer behavior and the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
• Responsible consumption and production;
• Marketing in transformative services (health, education, public transport, etc.);
• Marketing strategies in public, non-profit and social organizations;
• Potential contributions/solutions from public, non-profit and social areas to health and socio-economic Covid-19 crisis;
• Green and Cause-Related Marketing (CRM);
• Sustainable tourism approaches to destination and city marketing;
• Digital tools in public, non-profit and social marketing
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);
• Value co-creation in public, non-profit and social fields;
• Donation behavior and management;
• Volunteer recruitment and management;
• Innovation and teaching experiences in the above fields.
We welcome the following article types: Original Research, Systematic Review, Methods, Hypothesis and Theory, Review, and Conceptual Analysis.
Keywords: Non-profit, public marketing, sustainable, corporate social responsibility, respect for the environment, green consumer, sustainable development goals
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.