About this Research Topic
The COVID-19 pandemic has revealed a reflection of a high magnitude of disturbance amongst our lives, and it has greatly affected individuals who have been left jobless and found wanting. This pandemic can be seen to have heavily impacted the efforts made and suggested under the UN SDGs, and 6G technology should not be seen struggling to achieve its contributions towards the attainability of these goals. Regardless of the pandemic, we hope to see the 6G making positive impacts that will change the lives of individuals and ultimately the world at large. An obvious observation made is that mobile network operators and technology providers flourished more during the pandemic since the demand of their services became more of a necessity. Economically, this arrangement shifts the wealth from the end users to the service providers.
It is suggested that almost all those who have been affected by the pandemic are end users or rather are owners of smart wireless devices. We should therefore explore user centric models ,which are governed by fintech and TradeTech platforms, which can enable passive income to the wireless technology end users who are willing to partake in this new adventure. The aim of this Research Topic is to induce aggressive usage of wireless devices and technology and push their capabilities to the limits, with the main ultimate purpose of benefiting the end users. It is hoped that the research topic will inform policy makers, standards and create a radical shift within the space of wireless communication technology.
Subjects of interest for this research topic include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Financial Markets in Wireless Technology
- Feasibility study on adoption of Tradetech technologies in 5G and 6G systems
- Novel trading framework in wireless systems and technologies
- Integration of the proposed trading markets to the present trading platforms
- Regulation of financial markets in wireless communication systems
- Novel Risk Analysis in the proposed Tradetech solutions
- Classification of tradeable commodities
- New paradigms, prototyping, measurements, experimentation, and analysis based on tradetech enabled wireless systems
- Application of AI in the promotion of user centric models and adoption of the proposed novel trading frameworks
Keywords: User-centric, FinTech, TradeTech, Incentives, smart contracts, cryptocurrency, blockchain, IoT, M2M, mMTC, 6G
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.