About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims at discussing the current knowledge and proceedings of diagnostic, predictive and prognostic tumor biomarkers in hepatobiliary cancer, and presenting the recent advances on new drug targets and potential targeted therapies of hepatobiliary cancer.
We welcome submissions of Review, Mini-Review, Clinical Trial and Original Research articles covering, but not limited to, the following topics:
1. new diagnostic/prognostic factors, biomarkers and/or risk factors in hepatobiliary tumors
2. new drug targets, and oncogenic or tumor suppressive molecular mechanism of the novel targets
3. new intervention or targeted therapy in hepatobiliary tumors
4. new findings of bioinformatics or high-throughput methods such as mass spectrometry and genome-wide association studies or which may help screen the potential biomarkers of hepatobiliary tumors
5. clinical studies such as cohort study or RCT to identify new risks or treatment therapies in hepatobiliary tumors
6. basic, pharmacological, preclinical or clinical study of potential drugs targeting hepatobiliary tumors
Please note: manuscripts consisting solely of bioinformatics or computational analysis of public genomic or transcriptomic databases which are not accompanied by validation (independent cohort or biological validation in vitro or in vivo) are out of scope for this section and will not be accepted as part of this Research Topic.
Keywords: Biomarker, targeted therapy, hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.