About this Research Topic
Signals and communication between cells are crucial guides for development, homeostasis, and repair. Although our understanding of cell-cell signaling has grown tremendously, the intricate details how cells convey messages to each other ranging from self-regulation and paracrine messaging to endocrine regulation have yet begun to emerge.
This topic aims to provide the latest insight into the emerging novel pathways and mechanisms that control intercellular communications in development, health, and disease.
Topics of interest for this Research Topic include, but are not limited to:
• Regulation of cell-cell signaling
• Mechanisms of intercellular communications
• Regulation of inflammation, immunity, repair and regeneration
• Genetic and epigenetic regulation of cell-emitted signals
• Epitranscriptomic regulation of cell signaling
• Tissue homeostasis and growth control
• Self-organization of tissue dynamics and signaling
Keywords: paracrine signaling, tissue repair, homeostasis, cell-cell interactions
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.