About this Research Topic
Current research on water resources conflicts and cooperation in transboundary rivers concentrates mostly on the conceptual discussion and theoretical analysis of conflicts and cooperation, but less so on conflict resolution and water resources cooperation strategies crossing local to basin levels. This Research Topic aims to fill this gap by focusing on water resources conflicts cooperation strategies in transboundary river basins, thus contributing to the realisation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This Research Topic seeks submissions on the following themes, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Optimal allocation of water resources for transboundary river basins;
- Negotiation and consultation mechanisms and assessment methods for water resources conflicts and risks in transboundary river basins;
- Cooperative water governance in transboundary river basins;
- Water diplomacy in transboundary river basins;
- Role of public policy decision makers in transboundary river conflicts; and,
- Transboundary river basin management under climate change.
Keywords: Water demand and supply, water resource management, water resource cooperation, water resource conflict, transboundary river basin
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.