About this Research Topic
In light of the above, under the Research Topic theme, entitled "Health and Well-Being of Children and Adolescents who are HIV-Exposed and Uninfected,” we seek papers that address health outcomes in HEU adolescents and children, inclusive of diverse theoretical approaches and multidisciplinary methodologies. We welcome Original Studies, Review Articles, as well as Conceptual and Methodological Papers related to, but not limited to the following subtopics.
• Prevalence and patterns of morbidity and mortality among adolescents and children who are HEU
• Short-, medium- and long-term effects of HIV and/or ART exposure on adolescent and child health outcomes
• Trajectories of growth and development among adolescents and children who are HEU
• Genetic and epigenetic outcomes of HIV and/or ART exposure
• Sexual maturation and pubertal development among adolescents who are HEU
• Sexual and reproductive health and HIV risk behaviors among adolescents who are HEU
• Application of a life course approach to study risks and outcomes among adolescents and children who are HEU
• Biopsychosocial and syndemics approaches to addressing health and well-being of adolescents and children who are HEU
Keywords: HIV Exposure, Multidisciplinary, Syndemics, Lifecourse, HIV-exposed uninfected (HEU)
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.